IP Edge Targets Additional Smartphones in Widening Litigation Arising from Former Cypress Semiconductor Portfolio
Pearl IP Licensing LLC is one of four NPE plaintiffs associated with IP Edge LLC to litigate former Cypress Semiconductor patents that the Texas monetization firm acquired from Monterey Research, LLC, a subsidiary of IPValue Management (d/b/a IPValue). Early in 2020, Pearl IP accused AT&T, Deutsche Telekom (T-Mobile), and Verizon (Cellco Partnership d/b/a Verizon Wireless) of infringing a single such patent, broadly directed to a circuit that can recover from certain “overstress conditions”. With those three cases ending, this past December the IP Edge plaintiff sued HMD (1:20-cv-25220) in the Southern District of Florida and HTC (2:20-cv-01850) in the Western District of Washington over the same patent. Each complaint targets the provision of smartphones equipped with a Qualcomm processor featuring a Resource Power Management (RPM) circuit.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics