NorthStar Adds More Retailers to RFID Systems Campaign Asserting Former IV Patents
- January 10, 2021
Category: New Patent LitigationMarket Sectors: E-Commerce and Software, Mobile Communications and Devices
In late December, NorthStar Systems LLC expanded its first litigation campaign, begun in September 2020, with suits against H&M (2:20-cv-00407), Kohl’s (2:20-cv-00404), Lululemon (2:20-cv-00403), Target (2:20-cv-00405), and Walmart (2:20-cv-00406) in the Eastern District of Texas. The three patents-in-suit, received from Intellectual Ventures LLC (IV) in two December 2019 assignments, generally relate to a system for tracking an inventory of physical assets equipped with communication devices. The defendants are accused of infringement through the provision of RFID asset tracking systems deployed throughout their locations.
View full article with free 14-day trial
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics
...and much more!