KPN Unloads Half a Dozen Suits over Battle-Tested “Check Data” Patent
Dutch telecom provider Koninklijke KPN N.V. has expanded the wireless communications campaign that it began over six years ago, filing new suits against Acer (1:21-cv-00045), BLU Products (1:21-cv-00042), Bullitt Group (1:21-cv-00044), u-blox (1:21-cv-00046), Xiaomi (1:21-cv-00041), and Yulong Computer Telecommunications Scientific Company (Coolpad Technologies) (1:21-cv-00043) in the District of Delaware. The cases follow in the long wake of prior Delaware suits before District Judge Leonard P. Stark, with the parties there, including defendants HTC, LG Electronics (LGE), and Sierra Wireless, requesting this past week that deadlines for dispositive motions be pushed out, a few weeks closer to a first trial—one that, at least for now, would remain scheduled to begin on April 12, 2021. The six complaints focus on battle-tested claims of a patent that met an early Alice demise in the litigation, only to be resurrected by the Federal Circuit in November 2019.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics