Traxcell Aims Latest Complaint Directly at Google Maps
Late last year, Traxcell Technologies, LLC filed a second suit against Verizon, targeting the provision of certain location-based services, including Apple Maps. The plaintiff has followed that December complaint up with a new case against Alphabet (Google) (6:21-cv-00023), also filed in the Western District of Texas. Both of the patents asserted belong to the now familiar family of eleven, all generally related to locating a wireless device and “then using the location for other applications, such as for improving communications” with the device. Members of the family have been in litigation since January 2017.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and parties
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics