Trenchant Blade Responds to California Complaint…by Filing in Texas
Late last year, Samsung asked the Northern District of California to enforce a covenant not to sue granted to it by Longhorn IP LLC, which Samsung contends covers three patents that TSMC subsequently assigned to Trenchant Blade Technologies, LLC. The parties stipulated to an extension of the deadline, to January 27, for the defendants to answer or otherwise respond to Samsung’s complaint. Trenchant Blade has now responded, of a sort, by filing a new Western District of Texas complaint (6:21-cv-00067) charging Samsung with infringement of the same three former TSMC patents.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and parties
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics