Litigation Resumes Between Polaris PowerLED and Samsung
The day after an 18-month standstill provision in a settlement agreement that ended prior litigation between Polaris PowerLED Technologies, LLC and Samsung, the latter has asked the District of Delaware for a declaratory judgment of noninfringement of a single Polaris patent (1:21-cv-00068). That patent generally relates to adjusting an LED display backlight, with earlier allegations of infringement targeting certain Samsung televisions, displays, and monitors. The resumption of litigation between the two parties comes as Polaris PowerLED appeals a grant of summary judgment of noninfringement of the same patent in VIZIO’s favor, from a case filed in the Northern District of California.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics