Perennial Top-Filer IP Edge Returns to the IPValue Well
In February of last year, IP Edge LLC acquired six US patents from Monterey Research, LLC, a portfolio that has since spawned four litigation campaigns. In November 2020, IP Edge, through controlled entity Spearhead IP LLC, picked up a second set of patents from the same source, this time comprising 17 US patents. Last week, the Texas monetization firm launched two campaigns—through Lazer IP LLC and Viewpoint IP LLC—from the 17-patent portfolio, with other new IP Edge campaigns suggesting that a relationship between the NPE and IPValue Management (d/b/a IPValue) (acquired by private equity firm Vector Capital in 2014), Monterey Research’s parent, may be developing.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and parties
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics