More NPE Litigation Hits the Automotive Sector, over Patents IP Edge Acquired from Empire Technology
The fifth new litigation campaign that Texas monetization firm IP Edge LLC began at the end of last month targets the provision of automotive GPS navigation systems and mobile apps that support the determination of alternate routes, the calculation of a particular route’s cost, and the consideration of traffic conditions. Typhoon IP LLC sued iGo (1:21-cv-00083), Mitsubishi (Mitsubishi Motors America) (1:21-cv-00084), Pioneer (Pioneer Electronics (USA)) (1:21-cv-00085), and Voxx (1:21-cv-00086) in the District of Delaware and Namsung (6:21-cv-00190) in the Middle District of Florida, asserting in each complaint three more patents that IP Edge acquired from NPE Empire Technology Development LLC.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics