IP Edge Plaintiffs Further Assert Former Xerox Patents Moved Around in Messy Set of Assignments
In April of last year, IP Edge LLC acquired a portfolio of roughly 130 patent assets from Xerox (directly or from subsidiary Palo Alto Research Corporation (PARC)), some of which the Texas monetization firm has asserted in a financial services campaign, filed by controlled plaintiff Milestone IP LLC, and in a somewhat scattershot campaign, litigated by four controlled plaintiffs so far. In IP Edge’s January 2021 filing spree, two of those plaintiffs added defendants to the somewhat scattershot campaign: Paradise IP LLC hitting Garnett (1:21-cv-00118) and Kingsoft Office Software (1:21-cv-00119) targeting the USA Today and WPS Cloud platforms, respectively; and Realm Licensing LLC suing Avaya (1:21-cv-00105), Connectwise (1:21-cv-00107), Greenhouse Software (1:21-cv-00109), and HubSpot (1:21-cv-00110) targeting the provision of certain document management features in their various software products and tools.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics