WSOU Adds 17th Defendant, NETGEAR, As It Approaches One-Year Anniversary of Litigation
Since launching its first wave of litigation in March 2020 against Huawei over patents received from Nokia (including Alcatel-Lucent), WSOU Investments, LLC (d/b/a Brazos Licensing and Development) appears not to have lost its appetite for new litigation, targeting NETGEAR (6:21-cv-00153; 6:21-cv-00154; 6:21-cv-00155) in its latest suits over various networking devices (e.g., access points and gigabit ethernet switches). In 2020, WSOU landed as the third top filer of NPE litigation, initiating nearly 130 campaigns in that span and pummeling a small group of unique defendants—Alphabet (Google), Arista Networks, BBK Electronics (OnePlus), Canon, Cisco, Dell, F5 Networks, HP Enterprise, Huawei, Juniper Networks, Microsoft, NEC, Salesforce, TP-Link, Xilinx, and ZTE—with multiple suits, its most mature cases having just entered claim construction.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics