InNova Files 24 Suits over E-mail Patent
InNova Patent Licensing [NPE] filed 24 separate suits against American Greetings, AT&T, Axway, Barracuda Networks, CA, Cloudmark, Comcast, Cox Communications, Earthlink, eBay, Facebook, Fideility, IPSwitch, LinkedIn, Lycos, Message Systems, Microsoft, NetSuite, PayPal, Roger Communications, StrongMail Systems, Total Defense, Trend Micro, and TrustSphere, alleging that the defendants’ email programs and similar products using DKIM infringe a patent related to adding sender information to an email. InNova filed one prior suit against 3Com, AOL, Alcatel-Lucent, Apple, Bank of America, Cisco, Google, HP, IBM, RIM, Symantec, Yahoo and 17 others in July 2010. In May 2011, ProofPoint filed an action for declaratory judgment against InNova over the same patent, seeking declaration that its “Proofpoint on Demand” email security service product does not infringe the patent-in-suit. Robert Uomini is the named inventor on the patent-in-suit, which he assigned to InNova Patent Licensing in June 2010. 6/20, Eastern District of Texas, no judge yet assigned, 2:2012cv00354, 2:2012cv00355, 2:2012cv00356, 2:2012cv00357, 2:2012cv00358, 2:2012cv00359, 2:2012cv00360, 2:2012cv00361, 2:2012cv00362, 2:2012cv00363, 2:2012cv00364, 2:2012cv00365, 2:2012cv00366, 2:2012cv00367, 2:2012cv00368, 2:2012cv00369, 2:2012cv00370, 2:2012cv00371, 2:2012cv00372, 2:2012cv00373, 2:2012cv00374, 2:2012cv00375. 2:2012cv00376, 2:2012cv00377.
- InNova v. 3Com Corporation et al
- Proofpoint, Inc. v. Innova Patent Licensing, LLC
- InNova Patent Licensing, LLC v. American Greetings Corp.
- InNova Patent Licensing, LLC v. AT&T Inc.
- InNova Patent Licensing, LLC v. Axway, Inc.
- InNova Patent Licensing, LLC v. Facebook, Inc.
- InNova Patent Licensing, LLC v. Earthlink, Inc
- InNova Patent Licensing, LLC v. Cloudmark, Inc.
- InNova Patent Licensing, LLC v. Cox Communications, Inc.,
- InNova Patent Licensing, LLC v. CA, Inc.