Centripetal Networks Sues Palo Alto Networks over 12 Patents, Newly Asserted
Centripetal Networks has filed a third case in the Eastern District of Virginia, this one asserting a dozen network security patents against Palo Alto Networks (1:21-cv-00313), doubling the number of assets litigated in this campaign. Last October Judge Henry C. Morgan Jr. of the same district, following a 22-day bench trial conducted entirely “by Zoom”, entered judgment in Centripetal’s favor and against Cisco, to the tune of nearly $2B in enhanced past damages, together with a royalty to run on certain products in stages for the next several years. Posttrial briefing is well underway before Judge Morgan.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics