Sol IP Sues Qualcomm over 28 ETRI Patents
- March 26, 2021
Category: In Case You Missed ItMarket Sectors: Mobile Communications and Devices, Networking, Semiconductors
After a purported five years of unsuccessful negotiations, Sol IP, LLC has thrown the patent book at Qualcomm (6:21-cv-00270), accusing the chipmaker of infringing 28 patents, broadly directed to wireless communications, including LTE, 5G, and Wi-Fi technologies. The plaintiff pleads that it is “an intellectual-property licensing company organized and existing as a limited liability company under the laws of Virginia” that “holds an exclusive license to the Asserted Patents from” Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute (ETRI), a South Korean research institution, “which transferred to Sol IP all substantial rights in those patents”.
View full article with free 14-day trial
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics
...and much more!