Challenges to Its Standing to Sue Notwithstanding, VoiceAge EVS Sues Xiaomi
Its previous cases stayed to permit defendants Apple, HMD Global, and Lenovo (Motorola Mobility) to conduct jurisdictional discovery to determine whether VoiceAge EVS LLC has standing to sue over infringement of the patents that it has asserted, the Fortress Investment Group LLC plaintiff has filed another Delaware complaint, this one against Xiaomi (1:21-cv-00457). The same five patents are at issue, with infringement allegations again targeting over the provision of devices that allegedly use the Enhanced Voice Services (“EVS”) voice and audio codec for voice calls or conferencing, explicitly calling out the Xiaomi Mi 9T smartphone.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and parties
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics