IP Edge Launches Mobile Messaging Campaign over Former Mantis Patent
Texas monetization firm IP Edge LLC has apparently acquired at least one patent from Mantis Messaging, Inc., as an IP Edge-associated plaintiff, Ramrod Licensing LLC, has filed an Eastern District of Texas complaint accusing AT&T (2:21-cv-00117) of infringing the asset through the provision of its MMS messaging service. The patent-in-suit generally relates to “transmitting video messages to a mobile phone” through MMS; it was not among those that Mantis subsidiary Mantis Communications, LLC asserted in a short-lived campaign that met its demise in a Federal Circuit affirmance of a district court invalidation of an entire family of patents under Alice.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics