California Plaintiff Pops Amazon over Kindle Text Highlighting
Pop Top Corp has added a Western District of Texas case against Amazon (6:21-cv-00315) to a campaign over highlighting text within e-books. The litigation begun last July with a Northern District of California suit against Rakuten (Rakuten Kobo), followed by two Southern District of New York cases, one against each of Elliott Advisors (Nook Digital f/k/a barnesandnoble.com), filed last August, and Ectaco, filed this past January. Early dispositive motions are under consideration in those earlier cases.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics