Inventor-Controlled Texas Plaintiff Sues Motorola Mobility over Smartphone Flash Structure
In a new complaint filed against Lenovo (Motorola Mobility) (6:21-cv-00402), Lumintec, LLC pleads that the Taiwanese named inventors of the sole asserted patent—generally related to “a flash structure for the camera function of a handheld electronic device”—“gave written notice to related entity Motorola China” of the patent in April 2015. Allegedly receiving no reply, at least one of those named inventors formed the plaintiff in Texas, in March 2021, and filed its case against Motorola Mobility over the provision of the Motorola Moto X (2nd Gen) and Google Nexus 6 smartphones, doing so in the Western District of Texas.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics