Another Irish NPE Is on the Move in a US Court
In February, RPX flagged the assignment of over 120 US patent assets from LG Innotek to Irish entity Scramoge Technology Limited, also noting the assignee’s ties to a group of Irish NPEs backed by the hedge fund Magnetar Capital. Now, a similarly named plaintiff has asserted three of those patents against Samsung (6:21-cv-00454) in a new Western District of Texas complaint, alleging infringement through the provision of various “sub-models” of the Galaxy smartphone. The patents-in-suit generally relate to wireless charging.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics