IP Edge’s Paradise IP Fires Off Another Round of Litigation over Former Xerox Patents
Less than 20 of the roughly 130 patent assets that IP Edge LLC acquired in April 2020 from Xerox (directly or from subsidiary Palo Alto Research Corporation (PARC)) have appeared in litigation to date, the most recent cases filed by the Texas monetization firm’s Paradise IP LLC. That controlled entity just sued Appsense (Ivanti) (1:21-cv-00600), Aspiro (1:21-cv-00597), Backblaze (1:21-cv-00598), CommVault Systems (1:21-cv-00599), and Spotify (1:21-cv-00601): for Aspiro and Spotify, over the Tidal and Spotify music streaming platforms, respectively; for Backblaze, over the Backblaze backup service; for CommVault, over the Commvault data protection platform; and for Ivanti, over its asset management platform. At issue are features such as certain data collection practices and offline modes.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics