Intel Also DJs Longhorn IP and Trenchant Blade in the Northern District of California
Intel (4:21-cv-03398) has filed a Northern District of California complaint seeking declaratory judgments of noninfringement of five former TSMC patents now held by Trenchant Blade Technologies, LLC, an NPE affiliated with Longhorn IP LLC. Per Intel’s complaint, an assertion letter from Longhorn IP conveys an “intent to license the patent portfolio to other companies, including Samsung, Micron, SK hynix, Global Foundries, UMC and SMIC”. The letter, attached to Intel’s complaint, is dated in April 2020, seven months before Samsung filed its own declaratory judgment action in the Northern District of California and nine months before Trenchant Blade fired back, suing Samsung affirmatively in the Western District of Texas.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics