Plaintiff Claiming to Have Coined the Term “Deep Web” Sues IBM
- May 11, 2021
Category: New Patent LitigationMarket Sector: E-Commerce and Software
Brightplanet Corporation II, Inc. has filed suit against IBM (1:21-cv-00937) in the Northern District of Ohio, asserting a single patent, the highlighted claim of which the plaintiff characterizes as “a practical application and inventive step of technology that address the specific computer-centric problem of indexing of document content for facilitating the rapid search and retrieval of large collections of documents”. The accused product identified in the new complaint is IBM’s WebSphere Commerce V7.0 platform, with an attached claim chart zeroing in on that platform’s “multi-channel search solution”.
View full article with free 14-day trial
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics
...and much more!