Another Round Filed in MicroPairing’s In-Vehicle Infotainment Campaign
MicroPairing Technologies LLC has turned to the Central District of California for its second round of cases over patents previously asserted by Eagle Harbor Holdings, L.L.C. and MediusTech LLC against Ford. The plaintiff has sued Honda (2:21-cv-04034), Hyundai (8:21-cv-00881), Kia (8:21-cv-00882), and Mazda (8:21-cv-00885) there. October 2020 defendants GM and Toyota have each filed separate motions to dismiss MicroPairing’s inducement of infringement claims before District Judge Alan D. Albright. Toyota has also challenged three of the seven patents asserted against it as invalid for lack of written description, arguing that the plaintiff is collaterally estopped from contending otherwise, based on that prior litigation against Ford.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics