Special Master Recommends $5.9M Fees Award in Legal “Battle of Verdun”
A Special Master’s report was filed last week in the case that Finjan Holdings, Inc. filed against Juniper Networks, recommending that Juniper be awarded $5.9M in attorney fees, including a relatively de minimis amount ($150K) for “fees on fees” (i.e., time spent litigating fees issues). Per that Special Master, Matthew Borden, Juniper is entitled to reimbursement of those fees, over certain Finjan objections because “[l]ike the Battle of Verdun, high-stakes patent litigation can become a costly fight over inches and yards. When engaging in such combat, each side can expect that its adversary will respond in kind”.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics