Finjan Accused of Failing to Pay IBM an Installment Due on a Patent Portfolio
IBM has sued Finjan Blue LLC and Finjan Holdings LLC in the District of Delaware, alleging breach of contract for failure to pay a 2020 installment due on a portfolio of patents. According to a redacted version of IBM’s original, sealed complaint, Finjan claims that a 2019 Federal Circuit decision “changed significantly” the “legal landscape regarding standing in patent lawsuits” and impaired its standing to sue to enforce the assigned patents—thereby frustrating its principal purpose in entering the agreement and discharging Finjan’s duty to pay.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics