Number of Defendants in Wireless Networking Campaign Crosses 50
So far in June, inventor-controlled Be Labs, Inc. has added eight defendants to the sole litigation campaign, begun in July 2017: Fujitsu (6:21-cv-00586), Humax (6:21-cv-00587), Phicomm (6:21-cv-00588), Sophos (6:21-cv-00590), TCL (6:21-cv-00591), and Technicolor (6:21-cv-00592) in the Western District of Texas; Nexxt Solutions (1:21-cv-22194) in the Southern District of Florida; and Newell Brands (BRK Brands) (1:21-cv-00830) in the District of Delaware. The asserted two-patent family generally relates to systems for wirelessly distributing media content throughout a “premises”, with infringement allegations throughout the campaign targeting networking devices compliant with the IEEE 802.11ac and 802.11n Wi-Fi standards.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics