Inventor-Controlled Plaintiff Kicks Off Live Sports Media Tagging Campaign
Inventor-controlled UberFan, LLC has filed its first lawsuit, accusing Snap (1:21-cv-00842) of infringing four patents generally related to identifying, storing, and tagging “event-related data” in media content. UberFan alleges infringement through Snap’s provision of its Snapchat platform, focusing in particular on features—including Live Score, Live Stories, and Lens—for generating media content based on live sports.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics