IP Edge Expands Heritage IP Campaign, Defends Former Cypress Semiconductor Patent from Alice Challenge
Heritage IP LLC has filed another round of suits in what has shifted to a litigation campaign over a single former Cypress Semiconductor patent acquired from Monterey Research, LLC, a subsidiary of IPValue Management (d/b/a IPValue). The patent asserted in this latest batch of complaints—filed against Boston Scientific (1:21-cv-00935), Canon (2:21-cv-03705), Gimbal (1:21-cv-00936), Tanita (1:21-cv-03503), and VivaChek Laboratories (1:21-cv-00937)—generally relates to microcontrollers with “power on reset” (PoR) circuits. NXP Semiconductors jumped into this fray last July, after one of its customers had been sued, first filing a complaint seeking declaratory judgments followed by a quick motion for a judgment on the pleadings, challenging this asserted patent under Alice. Heritage IP, an apparent IP Edge LLC plaintiff, opposed the motion by locking horns on every issue.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics