Pennsylvania DJ Action Stayed and Texas DJ Action Dismissed, USAA Triples Down Against PNC
United Services Automobile Association (USAA) has filed a third complaint against PNC Financial Services (2:20-cv-00319) in the Eastern District of Texas, as the tug-of-war between that district and the Western District of Pennsylvania, where PNC filed a declaratory judgment action against USAA, has come to somewhat of a standstill. On June 1, Pennsylvania District Judge Joy Flowers Conti stayed the PNC case before her, rather than transfer it to Texas outright, “because some of the public and private interest factors weigh in PNC’s favor”. The stay will hold until Texas District Judge Rodney Gilstrap’s resolution of a PNC motion to transfer out of that court, pending since January of this year.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics