IP Edge Plaintiff Shifts Focus to “Device Editor Systems” in Latest Suits
Lazer IP LLC, an entity associated with Texas monetization firm IP Edge LLC, has fired off another round of suits in its sole litigation campaign, suing Microchip Technology (1:21-cv-01026), Silicon Laboratories (1:21-cv-01028), and STMicroelectronics (1:21-cv-01029) in the District of Delaware and Renesas (6:21-cv-00734) in the Western District of Texas. The NPE asserts a single patent generally related to a system for programming components into an electronic device in which “modularized user component modules” define “functional components”. Infringement allegations target the provision of “device editor systems” for configuring microcontroller devices: for Microchip, the MPLAB Code Configurator; for Renesas, e² Studio; for Silicon Laboratories, Simplicity Studio; and for STMicro, STM32CubeMX.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics