Facebook’s Oculus VR Systems Targeted in Gentex’s New Campaign
Electronic products manufacturer Gentex and its subsidiary Indigo Technologies, along with involuntary plaintiff Thales (Thales Visionix), have sued Facebook (6:21-cv-00755) in the Western District of Texas over its Oculus Rift S, Oculus Quest, and Oculus Quest 2 VR systems. Five patents, each held by Thales Visionix and broadly directed to object location and position tracking, are asserted, with Facebook’s Oculus products tagged over features for tracking user movements for VR functionality.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics