Longhorn HD Continues Assertion of Former IV Patents in Separate Campaigns
In July, Longhorn HD LLC expanded two of its three litigation campaigns, adding suits against Elitegroup Computer Systems (2:21-cv-00278), Onex (Celestica) (2:21-cv-00280), and Pegatron (2:21-cv-00279) to its earliest litigation campaign, as well as a single suit against Kyocera (2:21-cv-00277) to its latest litigation campaign. The plaintiff asserts seven patents—one against Kyocera and six in overlapping sets against the remaining defendants—each acquired from Intellectual Ventures LLC (IV) in several March 2018 assignments. Kyocera is alleged to infringe through the provision of smartphones that support Google’s device backup systems, while Celestica, Elitegroup, and Pegatron are accused over various devices (e.g., laptops, sensors, servers, storage devices, etc.), including those that incorporate hard disk drives (HDDs) manufactured by Western Digital (and/or its subsidiary Hitachi Global Storage Technologies (HGST)).
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics