Apple Files DJ Complaint in Northern California as Traxcell Moves to Amend in West Texas
Traxcell Technologies, LLC filed January 2021 cases against Alphabet (Google) and Apple, both in the Western District of Texas and each alleging infringement of two patents generally related to providing navigation information on a wireless device. On August 5, Apple (3:21-cv-06059) filed a complaint seeking a declaratory judgment from the Northern District of California of noninfringement of a third, more recent patent from the same family. The next day Traxcell filed motions for leave to amend its West Texas complaints to add that third patent to those cases, both of which have seen early motions to dismiss as well as an Apple motion to stay, pending the outcome of Federal Circuit appeals from earlier suits in this campaign.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics