Dutch Plaintiff Sues Samsung in West Texas
Inventor-controlled Ward Participations BV has sued Samsung (6:21-cv-00806) in the Western District of Texas, targeting the provision of devices that support the Samsung Knox Security framework with two patents broadly directed to “performing an electronic transaction” with an electronic device equipped with authentication software. The plaintiff seeks an injunction and alleges that Samsung’s infringement was willful, pleading that the defendant knew that its products infringed the patent “since at least December 2019 based on Plaintiff’s patent litigation in Europe”.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics