Inventor-Controlled Plaintiff Sues Samsung over Smartphones with Multiple Displays
Village Green Technologies LLC, a California entity, has filed suit against Samsung (2:21-cv-00323), alleging infringement of two patents generally related to mobile devices having an additional, optional display, through the provision of its Galaxy Fold and Galaxy Flip smartphone families. The plaintiff touts both hardware and software challenges involved in deploying a second display for smartphones, contending that “[i]t is imperative that a smartphone with a second optional display be able to utilize apps written for a single-screen smartphone”. The new complaint seeks injunctions, further identifying a specific number as the floor for its damages request.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics