IP Edge Launches Another Campaign in Wake of Recent Portfolio Pickup from France Brevets
IP Edge LLC has added a third new August campaign to the two that it began in the middle of the month. Nimitz Technologies LLC has sued Advance Publications (Reddit) (1:21-cv-01249), AT&T (Bleacher Report) (1:21-cv-01246), Pinterest (1:21-cv-01248), and Red Ventures (CNET) (1:21-cv-01247) over a patent that the Texas firm received from public-private monetization firm France Brevets SAS this past March. The patent generally relates to “encapsulating” multiple versions of a data stream in a “stream of packets”, with infringement allegations targeting the support for either the HLS (Bleacher Report, CNET, and Pinterest) or MPEG-DASH (Reddit) streaming protocol in the defendants’ respective platforms. One of the other two IP Edge campaigns new in August also concerned patents from that former France Brevets portfolio, while the third is yet more litigation over patents acquired in June 2020 from UK-based telecommunications company Ghost Telecom.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics