Marking and Standing Issues Raised in Core Optical Campaign
Inventor-controlled Core Optical Technologies LLC has filed suit against Acacia Communications (8:21-cv-01473), which Cisco acquired earlier this year. Cisco is already a defendant in Core Optical’s campaign, as are ADVA, Juniper Networks, and Nokia, as well as multiple customers of the optical networking systems and hardware of each. The customer suits have been stayed, but the cases against the four providers have proceeded apace over the summer, with claim construction briefing complete, a motion to disqualify mooted by a swap of litigation counsel, and multiple motions to dismiss for lack of standing filed, alleging that “Core Optical never had rights in the [sole asserted] patent. Instead, TRW (now Northrop Grumman) owned the  patent entirely at the outset by operation of the TRW assignment agreement”.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics