SurfCast Sues Microsoft over Later Relatives of Prior Invalidated “Array of Tiles” Patent
- October 6, 2021
Category: New Patent LitigationMarket Sector: E-Commerce and Software
Surfcast, Inc. has filed another suit against Microsoft (6:21-cv-01018), asserting four members of the same family from which the prior patent-in-suit stemmed. Targeted are certain tile-related user interface functionalities in Microsoft’s various operating systems (i.e., Windows Phone 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10), as well as products that support those operating systems. The prior litigation ran from 2012 into 2017, the year after the Federal Circuit summarily affirmed the cancellation of all claims from that earlier asserted patent through multiple inter parties review (IPRs).
View full article with free 14-day trial
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics
...and much more!