Mesa Digital Fires Off New Round of Suits in Long-Running Campaign
Mesa Digital LLC, an entity associated with Ortiz & Lopez, PLLC (d/b/a OL PATENTS), has expanded its over decade-long litigation campaign with suits against Best Buy (6:21-cv-01038), Kyocera (6:21-cv-01019), Verizon (Cellco Partnership) (6:21-cv-01020), and WalMart (6:21-cv-01039) in the Western District of Texas. The sole patent-in-suit suit generally relates to a “multimedia” device that supports “bi-directional data communications of data”, with the defendants accused of infringement through the provision or sale of smartphones that are compliant with a variety of wireless communication standards (e.g., Bluetooth, cellular, and/or Wi-Fi). Since launching this litigation campaign in 2008, OL PATENTS—through three controlled entities—has sued over 30 defendants and asserted a total of 16 patents.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and parties
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics