DataQuill Sues Google More Than a Decade After Its Alleged Notice Letter
Its June 2021 wave of cases coming to an end, DataQuill Limited has filed suit against Alphabet (Google) (1:21-cv-01438) in the District of Delaware. The plaintiff asserts a single expired patent generally related to “a handheld data entry device that can be used for inventorying, purchasing products, and other data management functions”. The new complaint targets smartphones and tablets, seeking damages “between the period that is six years before the filing date of this complaint and the expiration of the Patent-in-Suit”, which has been in near-continuous litigation since mid-2001.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics