Federal Circuit Holds Oral Arguments in Appeal of Uniloc Sealing Dispute
RPX detailed last week how the once-prolific litigant Uniloc 2017 LLC, a Fortress Investment Group LLC subsidiary, has ceased the active filing of litigation as it fights multiple appellate battles before the Federal Circuit. One of those appeals challenges a ruling that the NPE lacked standing in litigation with Google, while a second appeal deals with a related decision requiring Uniloc 2017 to disclose various details on its licensing activity. On December 6, oral arguments for the latter appeal took place before the Federal Circuit, with judges pressing counsel for Uniloc, defendant-appellee Apple, and intervenor Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) on the proper standard for weighing motions to seal third-party licensing information.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and parties
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics