“Data Chunks” Patents Make Litigation Debut
- March 12, 2023
Category: New Patent LitigationMarket Sector: E-Commerce and Software
Virginia plaintiff Security First Innovations LLC has accused Alphabet (Google) (1:23-cv-00329) of infringing four data security patents through the provision of data storage protections within Google Cloud. Development work leading to the portfolio from which the asserted patents are drawn was conducted at a company that purportedly offered a suite of “data security solutions” before entering bankruptcy in 2020; the former chairman of that company created the plaintiff in Virginia this past July.
View full article with free 14-day trial
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics
...and much more!