Finjan Pays Attorney Fees Award as Federal Circuit Reversal Makes Other Waves
- March 11, 2023
Category: In Case You Missed It
On February 21, 2023, Finjan, Inc. paid Juniper Networks nearly $6M in attorney fees after the Federal Circuit summarily affirmed an award by Northern District of California Judge William Alsup. Per the parties, that case is “ready to be closed”. Still active, however, are separate suits that Finjan filed against ESET, Palo Alto Networks, Qualys, Rapid7, and Sonic Wall, each of which has had to reckon, to varying degrees, with a different Federal Circuit decision, this one reversing an errant claim construction that had led to the temporary invalidity of multiple Finjan patents, patents that are now back in the litigation game.
View full article with free 14-day trial
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics
...and much more!