Customer Loyalty Programs at Issue in New Inventor-Controlled Campaign
- May 18, 2023
Category: New Patent LitigationMarket Sector: E-Commerce and Software
Inventor-controlled Loyal-T Systems LLC has filed its first litigation, suing American Express (American Express Travel Related Services) (2:23-cv-02625) in the District of New Jersey. The asserted patents generally relate to using a token associated with a customer to manage a “loyalty program”. American Express is accused of infringement through the provision of its various member loyalty programs (i.e., Plenti and Membership Rewards programs), with functionalities for “‘piggy-backing’ loyalty program information onto tokens transmittable over an association network or credit card association network using a POS device” at issue.
View full article with free 14-day trial
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics
...and much more!