Nanya Files IPRs and Seeks Delaware Stay, North Star Hits Back in California
- August 29, 2016
Nanya, the first defendant named in the ever-growing litigation campaign of North Star Innovations Inc., recently filed petitions for inter partes review (IPR) of two of three former Motorola/Freescale patents asserted against it. Shortly thereafter, Nanya moved to stay the underlying district court case in Delaware. North Star, a subsidiary of publicly traded Canadian NPE Wi-LAN, Inc. (WiLAN), has both opposed that motion to stay and filed a second case (8:16-cv-01591) in a different forum, the Central District of California, asserting three different patents (5,893,752; 6,043,146; 6,127,875) acquired from Freescale.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics