IV Adds FedEx to Data Management Campaign, Following Alice Setbacks
- August 31, 2016
Intellectual Ventures (IV) has added FedEx and subsidiary GENCO to its data management campaign (2:16-cv-00980), less than a week after District Judge Rodney Gilstrap invalidated two of the patents asserted in an earlier case under Alice. The NPE’s latest complaint accuses the two companies of infringing five data management patents (6,633,900; 6,909,356; 7,199,715; 8,494,581; 9,047,586) through various aspects of the software and hardware used in its shipping business for asset and personnel tracking.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics