North Star Draws Xilinx into Campaign Litigating Former Freescale Patents
- September 8, 2016
North Star Innovations Inc., a subsidiary of publicly traded Wi-LAN, Inc. (WiLAN), has added another Delaware case to its steadily expanding campaign by filing a complaint against Xilinx (1:16-cv-00773). The NPE asserts one patent (5,961,373) already familiar in the campaign, as well as one (6,013,571) asserted for the first time. Both were developed at Motorola and were received by WiLAN from Freescale in a large assignment of rights in October 2015; they generally relate to semiconductor fabrication and assembly, respectively. Certain Field-Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) products of Xilinx are the accused products in the new case.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics