North Star Draws Xilinx into Campaign Litigating Former Freescale Patents
North Star Innovations Inc., a subsidiary of publicly traded Wi-LAN, Inc. (WiLAN), has added another Delaware case to its steadily expanding campaign by filing a complaint against Xilinx (1:16-cv-00773). The NPE asserts one patent (5,961,373) already familiar in the campaign, as well as one (6,013,571) asserted for the first time. Both were developed at Motorola and were received by WiLAN from Freescale in a large assignment of rights in October 2015; they generally relate to semiconductor fabrication and assembly, respectively. Certain Field-Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) products of Xilinx are the accused products in the new case.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics
- North Star Innovations Inc. v. Nanya Technology Corp. U.S.A. et al
- North Star Innovations Inc. v. Toshiba Corporation et al
- North Star Innovations Inc. v. Integrated Silicon Solution, Inc.
- North Star Innovations, Inc v. Etron Technology America Inc
- North Star Innovations, Inc v. Elite Semiconductor Memory Technology Inc et al
- North Star Innovations Inc. v. Sharp Corporation
- North Star Innovations Inc. v. Fujitsu Ltd. et al
- North Star Innovations Inc. v. Sony Interactive Entertainment America LLC et al
- North Star Innovations Inc. v. Cypress Semiconductor Corporation
- North Star Innovations Inc. v. Amazon.com, Inc.