Texas Jury Issues $22M Verdict Against Apple in Acacia Subsidiary Suit
- September 16, 2016
On September 14, a jury in the Eastern District of Texas found that Apple willfully infringed a wireless communications patent (8,055,820) through provision of its iPhones and iPads. The jury awarded Cellular Communications Equipment LLC (CCE) (a subsidiary of Acacia Research Corporation) $22M in damages (6:14-cv-00251). Wednesday’s decision comes after a recent win for Apple against another publicly traded NPE, VirnetX Inc.; see “PTAB Cancels Claims from Two VirnetX Patents Related to Others Asserted in $625M Apple Suit” (September 2016).
View full article with free 14-day trial
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics
...and much more!