Inventor William Grecia Adds Retailers to Cloud Authentication Campaign
- September 23, 2016
Inventor William Grecia has added five new defendants to his cloud authentication campaign, asserting a single patent (8,533,860) generally related to a method of providing access to content via cloud computing against 1-800-Flowers.com (1:16-cv-07022), Adorama Camera (1:16-cv-07111), Best Buy (1:16-cv-07024), J. Crew (1:16-cv-07025), and Neiman Marcus (1:16-cv-07026). The companies are each accused of infringement through their websites’ use of online payment services offered by American Express (1:15-cv-09217), MasterCard (1:15-cv-09059), and Visa (1:15-cv-09210), which were sued by Grecia in November 2015. Specifically, 1-800-Flowers and J. Crew are alleged to infringe through Mastercard’s Masterpass service, Adorama Camera and Best Buy through Visa Checkout, and Neiman Marcus through AMEX Checkout.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics