Defendant Count in SportBrain’s Wearables Campaign Tops Seventy
September 2016 saw eight new filings from SportBrain Holdings LLC, bringing the NPE’s campaign defendant count to 71. Companies sued in September included ChallengeRunner (1:16-cv-09025), Matchup (1:16-cv-09024), and The Swatch Group (1:16-cv-09200), and as in SportBrain’s earlier cases, the defendants’ wearable computing devices, including fitness trackers and smartwatches, are the accused products. A single patent (7,454,002) generally related to portable computing devices that wirelessly receive and integrate personal data is asserted in the campaign.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and parties
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics