Defendant Count in SportBrain’s Wearables Campaign Tops Seventy
- September 30, 2016
September 2016 saw eight new filings from SportBrain Holdings LLC, bringing the NPE’s campaign defendant count to 71. Companies sued in September included ChallengeRunner (1:16-cv-09025), Matchup (1:16-cv-09024), and The Swatch Group (1:16-cv-09200), and as in SportBrain’s earlier cases, the defendants’ wearable computing devices, including fitness trackers and smartwatches, are the accused products. A single patent (7,454,002) generally related to portable computing devices that wirelessly receive and integrate personal data is asserted in the campaign.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics