Freeny Family Resumes Retail Price Management Campaign
- September 30, 2016
Individual plaintiffs Bryan E. Freeny, Charles C. Freeny III, and James P. Freeny have added Sears (2:16-cv-01052) as the latest defendant in their price management campaign, accusing the retailer of infringing two patents (6,076,071; 6,513,016) generally related to a central price storage system that communicates with local stores, where the local stores can also have site-specific prices. The named inventor for the ‘071 and ‘016 patents is Charles C. Freeny, Jr., the plaintiffs’ father, an electrical engineer who passed away in 2003. Sears is accused of infringing the two patents through use of digital price signs at its stores.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics